<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

TigerHawk goes to the dentist 

It was very ugly.

I go to a big dental practice in Princeton, and the last couple of times they have assigned me a hygienist who uses her picks like meat tenderizers. During the "hack the gums" phase of the cleaning, my mouth looks like the outtakes from a George Romero movie. The best part, as always, is the discussion about whether I floss. This time I decided to deploy a one-two punch of sarcasm and extreme candor:

Hygienist: "So. Do you floss much?"

Me: "Does it look like I floss much?"

Hygienist: "No. Why don't you floss?"

Me: "Because I hate it."

If I'm still blogging years from now when I need the jaw reconstruction and the dentures, I'm sure you'll hear about it.

7 Comments:

By Blogger Sluggo, at Tue Jul 19, 11:40:00 AM:

How many years do they go to school to learn to sandblast the teeth, puncture the gums and say 'Do you floss'?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 19, 11:46:00 AM:

You're lucky that the Hygienist didn't plunge one of the nasty picks into your chest. They don't take kindly to those who "dis" flossing.  

By Blogger Counter Trey, at Tue Jul 19, 03:19:00 PM:

TH,
I went to the dentist for my cleaning today, too. In fact, the last time you posted that you went to the dentist, I had been there on the same day, so we are definitely on the same schedule. Since I didn't see anyone there either time who resembled you, I assume your dentist is not on Harrison St.

I got off easy because it was my hygienist's birthday today and she was in a good mood.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Tue Jul 19, 03:51:00 PM:

Counter Trey, I got to the Princeton Dental Group above MacAffrey's. Which is, of course, on Harrison Street.  

By Blogger Thought Criminal, at Tue Jul 19, 06:11:00 PM:

use a Sonicare toothbrush and you'll avoid most of that nasty gore. I'm sure your dentist has already suggested it.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 19, 11:37:00 PM:

Unfortunately my old dentist on 'Spoon street just retired and sent his records to another practice. I moved to USNA country a few years ago and lost track of him.  

By Blogger Fausta, at Wed Jul 20, 07:50:00 AM:

Dr J C Tyl. Nice guy, nice hygenists.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?