<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Damn. Just Damn. 

The blogosphere is full of funny people.

And smart people.

There aren't many who manage to be side-splittingly funny, so smart it scares you sometimes, and kind and decent on a personal level as well.

We just lost one.

Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep -
He hath awakened from the dream of life -
'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings

Notwithstanding the rather morbid source of these verses, I wish him every happiness in that great, wide world beyond blogging. And if some point he reconsiders, that will be a very happy day.

5 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 29, 03:55:00 PM:

Though not in the same league as Hubris (in smart nor in funny), I and DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS are quitting the blogging game, as well. It just takes too much time from everything else.  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Thu Dec 29, 05:04:00 PM:

I wish you luck.

I have not been so successful in quitting.

Blogging I think I could walk away from cheerfully. Writing, on the other hand... I haven't cracked than nut. I think I am addicted. But I am working on it.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Thu Dec 29, 06:38:00 PM:

As I have written before, blogging is the first truly creative endeavor of my life. I don't draw, sing, paint, cook artfully, sculpt, or weave. Nor do I gamble, drink to excess, play golf (anybody who does that burns absurd amounts of time) or even socialize much. I blog. And what did I do before I blogged? Wasted a lot of extra time watching television, or doing stupid chores (OK, I'm not as diligent about opening my mail as I once was), or just screwing around.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Thu Dec 29, 06:39:00 PM:

Uh, Steve, if you are giving up blogging, why did you put a link in your comment? :)  

By Blogger Pile OnĀ®, at Thu Dec 29, 08:52:00 PM:

Quitting blogging is easy. I do it every time I hit publish.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?