<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 24, 2006

My whereabouts, bin Laden's tape, and an apology 

For the few of you who care, I'm in San Francisco attending the annual meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. Not that I'm a brain surgeon, or anything.

I flew out last night, after having put up the ill-fated post on bin Laden's new tape. The news accounts and other available analysis yesterday afternoon omitted any references to bin Laden's discussion of Iraq, which omission I thought very interesting. While I was in the air, however, Al Jazeera put up excerpts of the transcript, which did include a couple of paragraphs on Iraq, now quoted in the revised post below. I tried correcting the post about 5 a.m. PDT, but Blogger wouldn't publish to this blog for at least six critical hours today. I think I finally got it up around noon PDT today. Sorry about the screw-up, especially to all those who linked.

There is plenty of much more, er, correct analysis out there. The new Counterterrorism Blog has been non-stop excellent on both the bin Laden tape and today's attacks in Egypt. Go to the top and scroll like a blog reader possessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?