<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nude Foxes 


So, I'm riding from hospital to hospital in Mexico City. Darting between other weaving cars, we blow past thirty or so naked people, both men and women, all wearing Vicente Fox masks. My Mexican companions could not discern what the protest was about, but agreed with my assessment that it was "democracy in action.". Unfortunately, I was too slow with the camera to get a picture.

UPDATE: I have an explanation. Apparently the protestors are Indians (Native Mexicans?) who represent the "400 towns" and are protesting their treatment at the hands of the government. They have nothing in particular against Vicente Fox, and apparently wear masks of all sorts of famous people. Meanwhile, there is a huge phalanx of police complete with body armor and plexiglass shields in front of the American embassy, so perhaps the Indians actually plan to blame George Bush.


1 Comments:

By Blogger Pile OnĀ®, at Wed May 24, 07:28:00 PM:

I am sure it is lovely there in Mexico. Where you were. I am crushed that you didn't have a camera handy.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?