<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Both Sides Now": Hezbollah edition 


[Note that I wrote this post having had nothing to eat tonight other than a half bag of chips, some ice cream, and a much too strong margarita, which accounts for its transporting lameness. In fact, you might just want to keep scrolling. - ed.]

So this evening I stumbled across the blog Keep the Coffee Coming, which has lots of entertaining Boomer stuff including a classic folk song mp3 every day. Today's is the Judy Collins smash pean to naval-gazing, "Both Sides Now" (if you can't stand to listen, lyrics are here), which got me to thinking: What would the Hezbollah version sound like? I scribbled out one quick stanza, but obviously could use with a little help:

Rows and rows of Jewish dead,
And Cru-sa-ders full of dread,
And panic in Israeli air,
I've looked at bombs that way.

But now they only blow up us,
They drop and smash and us they crush,
And though Kofi does make a fuss,
The bombs got in our way.

I've looked at bombs from both sides now,
From front and back and still somehow,
It's bombs' destruction I recall,
I really don't know bombs, at all.

Time to hit the rack. Obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?