<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bully For Him 

Or for us. At the UN.

A couple of days ago, Screwy and I had a back and forth on the conflict between Israel and Lebanon in the comments section which devolved rapidly away from discussion and debate, and instead resulted in Screwy calling me a name. It starts with D. It rhymes with Rick. I don't even think Screwy disagreed with me much. He just wanted to call me a D---.

The article about John Bolton somehow reminded me of that exchange, so I thought I'd throw it up for fun. I won't bother mentioning that CNN said the Democrats called Bolton a "Bully," notably within quotation marks, and then of course failed to attribute the quote. Then of course I saw this regarding Howard Dean referring to Prime Minister Maliki of Iraq as an anti-Semite, a comment widely reported yesterday.

Must be something in the kool-aid, this name-calling bit, without substantive critique of qualification, substance or capability.

Did you know that John Bolton and I attended the same high school? Great place!

3 Comments:

By Blogger Lanky_Bastard, at Thu Jul 27, 05:44:00 PM:

CP: That guy's a namecaller.
TH: Big time.  

By Blogger Gordon Smith, at Thu Jul 27, 05:54:00 PM:

Sorry CP, that the opinion stung you.

The dickishness I pointed out stems from a certain hard-heartedness you carry as badge of pride. No need to get all front-pagey about it.

And, with our history of spirited debate, you're going to front page the time I called you a dick? There's so much more quality stuff to choose from.

Well... it's your blog, so I reckon you'll focus on what's important to you.  

By Blogger Cardinalpark, at Thu Jul 27, 06:07:00 PM:

Hey, least I linked, right?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?