<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The "Oriana" 


Little Green Footballs is soliciting votes for the "Oriana Fallaci Award" for Anti-Idiotarian of the Year, 2006.

I couldn't help myself. From a field of extremely worthy candidates, I voted for Australian Prime Minister John Howard.

You can also vote for a "Fiskie," the Robert Fisk Idiotarian of the Year Award here. I held my nose and voted for John Murtha, although on reflection the 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists is the obvious best choice.

I should say that I am quite disappointed that neither Human Rights Watch (for its arrestingly one-sided reports on Israel's actions during the Hezbollah War) nor Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made the cut. Now you might say that Ahmadinejad is a bona fide enemy, and that the essence of Idiotarianism is cravenly apologizing for, "understanding," or sucking up to actual enemies, and that therefore the category by definition must exclude the real thing. Then, however, one might legitimately ask why Hugo Chavez is a nominee.

Just sayin'.


1 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 28, 11:13:00 PM:

I also voted for howard, before I saw your article here.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?