<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A proxy war against Iran? If only it were true. 


Recognizing that I am running the grave risk that my former colleague Paul Campos will call me a fascist, I confess that I have mixed emotions about this bit of news from Iran's Fars News Agency:

An informed source said here in Tehran on Tuesday that after terrorists' hideout in Iran's southeastern city of Zahedan was conquered, Iranian police discovered several US-made remote controlled detonators there.

Speaking to FNA, the source expressed deep concern about the US intentions and plots for sowing discord between Shiite and Sunnite Muslims, specially inside Iran.

On the one hand, it delights me to think that we have finally figured out how to wage a proxy war against Iran, the prevailing master of the genre. On the other hand, my delight is tempered -- indeed, virtually extinguished -- by the very high probability that the story is as fraudulent as the evidence adduced in its support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?