<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sometimes the parody just writes itself 


For some reason, the image of Al Gore congratulating the assembled "wine industry" is hilarious:

Speaking via a live video link-up he told attendees the “wine industry must respond to this crisis”. [Yes, the usual crisis. - ed.]...

“I wish every industry was doing what the wine industry is doing today,” he said.

The former vice-president added: “Some wineries are now deciding to become carbon neutral and are using offsetting to do this.”

No, really. Every industry should buy carbon offsets.

4 Comments:

By Blogger Christopher Chambers, at Mon Feb 18, 11:20:00 PM:

Has Al Gore slipped into another stream of consciousness, a bizarro universe? Why is he floating beyond the Obama Hillary fight and appearing in these strange photo ops over carbon offsets? Why not ask Obama or Clinton about these issues? Indeed, why not endorse a candidate and be big, big man?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Feb 19, 12:16:00 AM:

Al Gore wrote the book ASSUALT ON REASON and he is nice one to be talking about assualting reason since he himself is very unreasonible a complete jerk  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Feb 19, 12:59:00 PM:

I believe I read that A. Gore was high on very potent weed beginning with his Viet Nam tours.

If I'm not mistaken, this is what happens to those who abused this drug for a long period of time.

Hello? Al? Are you in there?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Feb 19, 01:22:00 PM:

I hate to do this, but I don't see how this is a parody? This is what Gore has always been doing. I don't see the irony. Can anyone explain it to me, I must be slow today.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?