<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Air travel blows 


I've been in Newark Airport for six hours. My flight to Brussels (Continental 60, for those of you keeping track at home), scheduled to leave at 6:30, has been delayed on account of equipment problems. I would not mind so much, except that the staff here has passed along consistently wrong information. If at any point Continental had given a realistic forecast of the departure, I could have repaired to the lounge or even cancelled my trip. Instead, I am really tired, and have not even begun to fly.

Sadly, when it comes to air travel, truth is the first casualty.

RUBBING SALT IN THE WOUND: In the category of modern miracles, I've been swapping emails with colleagues who are in Sydney working on a project. It being Sunday afternoon there, they decided to have drinks on the harbor. This photo is not five minutes old (as of 12:06 a.m.)...


Sydney Opera House


3 Comments:

By Blogger Miss Ladybug, at Sun Oct 26, 01:53:00 AM:

I sat in O'Hare once for 10 hours on my way to Toledo on business. It was really sh***y because as I sat there - IIRC it was a weather delay - I got sicker and sicker and sicker (I wasn't sick when I left that morning). I was miserable. I didn't get checked into my hotel until something like 2am, and I had to be at the customer site at 8 o'clock.

I don't miss business travel...  

By Blogger David Blue, at Sun Oct 26, 09:03:00 AM:

Die, evil Toaster!  

By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at Sun Oct 26, 12:57:00 PM:

You might check out Continental's rule 240 policy. It's no magic bullet, but the last time mechanical difficulties stranded me, it got me moved from 28th to 2nd standby spot on American Airlines, and hence home several hours earlier.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?