<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seasonal affective disorder, in June 


It has been raining a lot here in New Jersey. In the last 30 days, during the usually delightful stretch from mid-May to mid-June, cumulative rainfall here in Mercer County exceeds the normal by more than 50%. And we've been in an excess rain position for almost three months, so this is not some recent thing.

There is no end in sight. It is supposed to rain all day today and tonight, be cloudy tomorrow, and then back to rain over the weekend and for most of the 10-day forecast on Weather.com. All the goddamned rain is affecting my mood. It is June, fer heaven's sake, and I want some farookin' sun.

Meanwhile, the local activists are on the case.


Because there is a drought somewhere in the world


They told me that if I voted for John McCain the climate would destroy my quality of life, and they were right!


3 Comments:

By Anonymous NT, at Thu Jun 18, 08:48:00 AM:

You are right. It is depressing. I went to the golf course last evening, played 4 holes, and left. The ground was so wet that every step was like walking on a wet kitchen sponge.

My understanding is that this rain pattern relates to the position of the "jet stream" and that until it shifts, we are going to be in an unsettled weather situation.

Sucks.  

By Blogger Elise, at Thu Jun 18, 04:04:00 PM:

Yup. I think I'm beginning to see little webs between my toes.  

By Anonymous Fausta, at Fri Jun 19, 06:04:00 PM:

Maybe I'll drop by the parking garage on Spring St & check out the water level in the basement. The highest I've seen it is 8' but if it's higher I'll take a picture & post it.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?