<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 21, 2009

Important equipment 



(I have to dress up this post so that is not completely and shamelessly exploitative by virtue of the links)

Most skiers will tell you that the most important part of your equipment on the slopes are the ski boots. For most of the last three decades, I have preferred Lange boots, and it really had nothing to do with the Lange Girl posters (mildly NSFW) throughout the years. The boots were well-made and pretty stiff, and it worked for me. Twenty-plus years ago, I wore the stock Lange Tii yellow "banana boots." Now I use the Comp 120s, with customized liners by Surefoot.

Lange now runs a contest with Freeskier magazine, and invites women to submit entries to become the new Lange Girl. The 2009 contest (again, mildly NSFW) has a few weeks to run. The cheesecake being of course secondary or tertiary, I tend to like the entries which demonstrate some thought with respect to the essay section of the contest, and some evidence that the candidate can make serious turns (hard to know without seeing), so I think that "LCskis" from California is worth a look, if you like the blonde California type. Also, "Denja" represents the Adirondacks nicely and is an 8th grade teacher, which, in and of itself, might merit battle pay.

By all means, you should evaluate each candidate carefully and cast your vote accordingly, if you wish.

For what it's worth, I do not feel discriminated against at all by the fact that Lange (or any other brand that I'm aware of) does not have an analogous "middle-aged guy" contest. The point of the exercise is to sell product, after all, not make people turn away in horror.

1 Comments:

By Blogger Crusader, at Wed Dec 23, 08:09:00 AM:

I have been splitting my ski time with a snowboard since 1993 with the balance of time leaning much more heavily towards the snowboard in the past 5 years. These images make me want to ski more now. - Crusader  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?