<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 22, 2010

Jon Stewart responds to Keith Olbermann 


I've been forcing myself recently to watch Keith Olbermann -- you have to watch the other side if for no other reason than to test your own thinking and, besides, I have friends who recommend him, both sincerely and as a source of humor -- and thought that both his smear of Scott Brown and his subsequent defense thereof were, well, asinine. No less an authority on the asinine than Jon Stewart agrees:


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Special Comment - Keith Olbermann's Name-Calling
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


Olbermann ought to stick to sports, where he really is quite good.

CWCID: Glenn Reynolds.


10 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 22, 07:34:00 PM:

Hilarious commentary. Jon is right on with this. OIbermann needs to stop being such a douche.

-david  

By Anonymous Boludo Tejano, at Sat Jan 23, 03:44:00 AM:

david:
Olbermann needs to stop being such a douche.
Does a duck stop quacking?
Does a dog stop barking?  

By Anonymous Patrick, at Sat Jan 23, 09:33:00 AM:

There has to be a way to monitor the other side without inflicting that much unpleasantness on yourself.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Jan 23, 10:22:00 AM:

Yeah,I watched him too on election night. Maybe his mother or his boyfriend thinks he's clever. I've never seen such a no-class, graceless person on TV. If he is like that every night, he must attract a very special demographic.  

By Blogger Brian, at Sat Jan 23, 12:46:00 PM:

TH, you're not testing yourself very hard by watching Olbermann. Try Maddow instead.

Or better yet, samefacts.com, or crookedtimber.org. Matt Yglesias is also pretty good considering the quantity that he posts - better than Andrew Sullivan and not as blinkered (he does occasionally get things wrong).

On climate change, try Things Break: http://thingsbreak.wordpress.com/  

By Blogger Neil Sinhababu, at Sat Jan 23, 04:18:00 PM:

With Brian, I'd second the "Olbermann out, Yglesias in" recommendation. Matt & Ezra are the two bloggers who I read all the time. I don't know enough about Olbermann as I don't have a TV, but I know plenty of Democrats who find him annoying. Maddow's definitely smarter.  

By Blogger Gary Rosen, at Sat Jan 23, 05:23:00 PM:

I didn't even like Olbermann as a sportscaster, before I knew anything about his politics. I found him arrogant and obnoxious (sound familiar?) and not really all that knowledgable.  

By Blogger Bomber Girl, at Sat Jan 23, 07:29:00 PM:

Stewart rocks.  

By Blogger JPMcT, at Sun Jan 24, 09:55:00 AM:

Olbermann will always have a job at MSNBC. Both viewers have to be kept happy.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Jan 24, 10:36:00 AM:

For what it's worth, I read Ezra Klein most days. Very good. I bought him lunch once back in the day, and enjoy him very much as a person.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?