<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Off to Vermont for the day 


Delivering the THT to Landmark College in Putney, just north of Brattleboro, which means at least ten hours of driving through the boring parts of New England for me, perhaps trapped in returning shore traffic on the way down. Many of you, no doubt, are hoping for that.

I'll try not to get any more liberal while I'm there.

Meanwhile, whether true or not, this is fairly amusing. (Theo, if you enjoy that sort of thing, which I do. Unofficially, of course.)


4 Comments:

By Blogger pam, at Sun Aug 29, 07:36:00 AM:

Safe travels.... funny video!  

By Blogger SR, at Sun Aug 29, 09:56:00 AM:

TH:
We still read your blog several times per day, and look forward to pix of your travels. You really stepped into a hornet's nest with the Beck post. It should at least bump up your ad revenue.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Aug 29, 10:07:00 AM:

With a daughter in school up that way I have two recommendations for you: avoid the Merritt (and, of course, 95), and pick up some barbeque. When I drive I now take the NYS Thruway to 84 east or even all the way to the Mass Pike. It's longer but faster and lots less aggravating than trying to contend with southern Connecticut drivers. The good news about taking the Mass Pike is that you miss. Springfield, whose drivers are only slightly less terrible than Connecticut drivers. For barbeque, my daughter loves to stop at Curtis' in Putney, right off 91 at exit 4. Pretty good food, and the surprise of finding southern food in this most Yankee of states combine to make it worth a stop.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Aug 29, 11:10:00 PM:

Last Anon, thanks for the advice, particularly re the barbecue. I've been fine on the Merritt, but am fairly good about avoiding rush hour and other messes so far. Maybe just lucky. But I'll be up in Putney and will definitely stop at Curtis' at the next opportunity.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?