<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Country roads 


I rode my bike through southside Virginia today, along Route 623 in Buckingham County and then down the Plank Road to Farmville, 13.85 miles each way, and (obviously) almost 28 miles round trip. I was out a little under two hours, and racked up around 1400 feet in total ascent, assuming the Garmin was bringing in the altitudes accurately. A really nice way to start a day of eating and drinking.

Grandma's Country Store, at the corner of 623 and the Plank Road, was closed for the holiday.


Grandma's Country Store


I saw perhaps a dozen cars in each direction, and almost as many hunters. All were quite friendly, even though I am probably the first dude they had seen in black cycling pants with the "Castelli" logo down the legs. The sight is not particularly attractive. Given that I probably would have shot me under such circumstances, I appreciate their equanimity.


2 Comments:

By Blogger rcw, at Fri Nov 26, 07:15:00 AM:

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you weren't shot. Might have put a damper on the day.  

By Blogger JustSumStuff, at Sat Nov 27, 02:36:00 PM:

Blaze Orange maybe?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?