<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Phone camera dump 


I've been rolling around -- Austin, Princeton, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas since Thursday -- and my phone has accumulated a few pictures along the way.


A sign in Lance Armstrong's bike shop, Mellow Johnny's, listing the "top ten" reasons to ride a bike. I was struck by this one: "In 1964, 50% of kids rode to school and the obesity rate was 12%... in 2003, 3% rode to school and the obesity rate was 45%." As we have said many times before, you can keep them safe now, or later, but not both.


The top ten reasons to bike


The origin of the word "dude," from the Bob Bullock Museum of Texas History...


The origin of the word "dude"


The Encore in Las Vegas, from the pool earlier this afternoon...


Encore, Las Vegas


I like the Wynn hotels better than any other in town. The owner, Stephen Wynn, is beloved at least by the cabbie who drove me from the airport this morning. Apparently he has put televisions up in the taxi stand at his hotel and gives the long-tenured drivers free nights in his hotels.


The lobby of the Wynn, near Parasol Up, where I have enjoyed a "smoky margarita" or two.


The lobby of the Wynn, near Parasol Up.


Your Blogger, wearing his Princeton "Black Squirrel" logo attire at the "European" (no cameras allowed) pool at Encore.


Your blogger, at the pool at Encore.


TTYL.


3 Comments:

By Blogger Mimi, at Sun May 08, 10:17:00 PM:

LOVE this blog!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon May 09, 12:09:00 PM:

How was the cab line at the airport? That's one of my personal indicators of national economic health, and the last time I was in Las Vegas, in February, I was dismayed to see the cab lines were merely ten minutes or so. That's a far cry from the old good economy days of half hour or longer waits.  

By Anonymous Nica in Houston, at Tue May 10, 10:13:00 AM:

Dude, You've been snowed! "Lo Dudo" means "I doubt it"  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?